Decade of ExperienceOur team has years of experience and we are dedicated to providing an incredible experience for you and your family.
Environmentally FriendlyWe are committed to being environmentally friendly and ensuring a sustainable future for our planet.
Emergency Services AvailableGet the immediate help you need, whenever you need it. Our team is always available and happy to help!
Signs of a Termite Infestation
Termites are crafty critters, often causing significant damage before their presence is detected. Luckily, there are signs to alert you of a potential termite invasion.
Here’s what to look out for:
- Discarded Wings: Termites often shed their wings after finding a new nesting spot. If you find small, wing-shaped debris around your home, it may be a sign of termite activity.
- Mud Tubes: Subterranean termites build pencil-sized mud tubes that serve as protective tunnels from their colony in the soil to the wood in your home. Check your home’s foundation for these tell-tale signs.
- Hollow Wood: Termites consume wood from the inside out, leaving a thin veneer of timber or paint. If your walls or wooden structures sound hollow when tapped, it could indicate a termite infestation.
- Frass or Termite Droppings: Drywood termites create small, ridged, wood-colored droppings as they eat through infested wood.
- Warped Doors and Windows: Termites produce moisture as they eat through wood, causing doors and windows to warp. Difficulty opening these can often be an early sign of an infestation.
- Clicking Sounds: When threatened, soldier termites tap their heads against the wood to signal danger to the rest of the colony. If you hear a faint clicking sound from your walls, it’s time to call Akela Pest Control.
Remember, early detection is vital to preventing extensive termite damage to your property. If you’ve spotted any of these signs, don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re here to ensure your home remains your haven, free from unwanted guests.