Decade of ExperienceOur team has years of experience and we are dedicated to providing an incredible experience for you and your family.
Environmentally FriendlyWe are committed to being environmentally friendly and ensuring a sustainable future for our planet.
Emergency Services AvailableGet the immediate help you need, whenever you need it. Our team is always available and happy to help!
Signs of a Gopher Infestation
If you suspect a gopher infestation in your yard, it’s crucial to look out for the following signs:
- Mounds of Soil: One of the most visible signs of a gopher infestation is the presence of fresh mounds of soil. These are usually crescent or horseshoe-shaped and can be found throughout your lawn or garden.
- Damaged Plants: Gophers are herbivores and feed on plant roots. If you notice your plants wilting or dying for no apparent reason, it could be due to gophers eating away at their roots.
- Disrupted Landscaping: Gophers dig extensive tunnel systems, which can disrupt your landscaping. You may notice uneven ground, sinkholes, or even collapsed sections of your yard.
- Eaten Tubers and Bulbs: Gophers could be the culprits if you’ve planted tubers or bulbs and they’re mysteriously disappearing or showing signs of gnaw marks.
- Gopher Sightings: Although gophers are mostly underground creatures, they occasionally come up to the surface. Spotting a gopher in your yard, especially during daylight hours, is a clear sign of an infestation.
If you notice any of these signs, it’s time to take action. At Akela Pest Control, we’re here to help you tackle your gopher problems head-on with our comprehensive solutions.